Random thoughts about the power of fast learning skills
Let's talk seriously for a moment.
for the last two days, I had to remember the power of online courses and studying online. well, I had to return to Khan Academy to get what I've missed in Linear Algebra.
It's just really stupid to not get that online courses and tutorials can be depended on for learning and to get introduced to new scientific fields. and not just for studying. And it's not just for scientific faculties' students. it's for almost everything.
even though, what bothers me most is the fact that most of the fields you want to learn are really huge. whenever you think you really big deal about physics, for example. That's not enough. whatever huge is the number of documentaries you've watched or the articles you've read; All of this is considered some sort of public knowledge. Because you didn't work on the complicated equations and the details behind what you know. My language can't help me enough, but I guess you have an idea about what I'm talking about. What you know is not enough. Many people know that already.
YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW.
What's funny is, the last two days I've watched an enormous amount of videos and tutorials about filmmaking, cinematography, sound mixing and editing, how to deal with you digital camera on the set, and stuff like that. Even though, all of that is still considered not a secret. You don't to get deep in the cinema industry to know all of that and to practice your knowledge. All of that won't make you one of the greatest directors and screenwriters of our time. I guess.
Just a food for thought, Imagine if you were spending most of your time on the internet learning new things and getting into the deep details of these specialties. But if you thought you're being somehow some very cultured guy. Remember that in a college of geeks like the one I'm in you're not that special.
What bothers me more than all of that; is that getting some use of the online tutorials you find is not enough. You have to have the ability of learning fast. You're still young. You have to get some use of the time you have now to learn whatever you want because you won't have that time after a few years. You must have the ability of fast learning.
ليست هناك تعليقات:
إرسال تعليق